If you want abs that ache for days, but give you the confidence to rock that crop top that’s been sitting in your closet for weeks, you have to take a class with Mark Strong.
Mark and I met through mutual ~fitness friends~ and immediately bonded over our love of Bad and Boujee, tall men, and the garlicky kale at Whole Foods (in that order).
A former ballet dancer and occasional model (did you catch him posing anonymously in a SPECTRUM exhibit at Art Basel?), Mark brings form, discipline, and perfect posture to his megaformer classes at JetSet Pilates.
Since I not so secretly want to be someone’s Art Basel muse as well, I grilled him on his wellness tricks and tips over some cocktails/mocktails at the EAST Hotel.
This is what Mark advised:
1) “Don’t consume chemicals; if you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it”
2) “Don’t eat after 8PM, ever”
[Editor’s Note… still working on this one!]
3) “To boost your metabolism, take shots of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar three times per day and generously drink a detox water throughout the day (water distilled with cayenne pepper, lemon, and tumeric)”
4) “The regimen for your perfect body is 3 classes of JetSet Pilates or other toning per week, 2 days where you do strength training and cardio, and 1 day off.. If you follow this schedule for 3 weeks, you will see major changes!”
5) “Most importantly, don’t hold back from trying new things because of insecurity. I was always insecure about my voice because I was bullied for having a more feminine voice throughout my life. I never thought people would want to hear me on a microphone instructing them. But I forced myself to push through that, and now I feel comfortable and confident every time I teach!”
[Editor’s Note: He is calm, cool, and collected throughout class, a true professional who knows how to blast the Yeezy when you’re at your breaking point, and encourage you to perservere. Book Mark’s class here, and see for yourself!]